The largest single portion of the West
Side roster was devoted to 24' flat cars. The total number of
these cars constructed was in excess of 300 units. These cars were
built by Carter Brothers, J.S. Hammond and by the West Side itself. They
were regularly used in logging operations until the longer skeleton
cars arrived in 1940. These flats were used as the basis for a number
of other West Side cars. They were also rebuilt many times over their
years of service due to the hard usage they received. Pictures of
these cars appear in West Side Narrow Gauge in the Sierra
by Mallory Hope Ferrell, and other publications.
The model includes laser-cut wood components with plastic detail parts. It has been re-engineered for easier assembly. (trucks and couplers are not included)
29421 - HOn3
West Side logging Flat Car
B.T.S. Home Page!
Last Changed on: June 23, 2000 06:20:20
© 1998-2000 -- All Rights Reserved